top of page

joypackfinland Group

Public·58 members

Matching Couple Rings: What you must Know

Veretta or Eternity or Riviera The most well-known ring for engagement is the Veretta, Riviera, or Etenity. It is the ring made of metal, usually white gold, with a continuous line (usually diamonds) but not always. It can be composed of five small diamonds or the entire circumference is made of precious stones.

It could also be made up of two rows of stones, and is often reminiscent to an Elizabethan crown. The diamonds aren't placed around the entire circumference, but only part of it (also to ensure comfort), so it is often referred to as half-eternity.

It is an expression of love that will never end. It is used as an anniversary band to mark important milestones, such as 10 years of married life.

Couple Bracelets or Fede most used ring for weddings. Usually, a smooth metal band made of yellow gold. The width, thickness and curvature may differ. Some opt for white gold or a band with a diamond. Inside, the wedding date and names of the spouses can be embossed. In Central-Eastern Europe and the Iberian Peninsula, it is usually placed on the left ring-finger.

Beyond the customs and religious beliefs it is now customary to wear it by both spouses.

Toi et Moi or Contrarie A ring with two identical stones, which meet one in front of the other. They are often not the same and this combined with the position is clear that we are talking about two distinct people who meet and complete each other. It is a symbol of the indissoluble relationship between two lovers. It was famousized by Napoleon who gave his future wife Josephine the ring that reads "You and me forever" and that is why there is a growing popularity of this precious and original gem. This ring lends itself to variations in style and design as the stones are different, with strong contrasts but also harmony and symmetry. Sometimes the tops take animal shapes, like snake heads. The most important thing is to enhance the duality and the union.

Trinity It was designed by Louis Cartier in 1924 and since then, it has been a huge hit and copied. It is made of three metal bands - rose gold for love (originally made from platinum) and yellow gold for loyalty, and white gold to symbolize friendliness.

The Trinity also has a religious meaning, and the name definitely evokes it (Holy Trinity). In reality, the Trinity rings are the traditional wedding ring worn in Russia and is always worn on the right hand.

Trilogy should not be confused with trinity which we have seen. It is a band with three stones, usually diamonds. Apart from representing the financial availability of the bride this is a significant vow of love. The three stones represent love forever in the past, present and tomorrow. Translated into the language of lovers this means that I adored you I love you and I will always love you. If it's made from diamonds, it's also an eternal, irreversible unbreakable, and eternal relationship.

It is usually used by couples who are married in church for the religious meaning that accompanies it, which is the Trinity (I know we are confused with the Trinity): Father Holy Spirit, Son and Father which will bless the union.

However, 3 is a highly symbolic number, which is why it is associated with strength, purity and love.

All of these rings lend their own unique design and mix interpretations. For instance the trilogy can be viewed as a cross between an eternity and the riviera. It can also be created with smaller stones all over the band, just like an eternity.

The trinity is covered in tiny stones, like three intertwined ring. Solitaires can be decorated with diamonds.

I hope you enjoy this post. I learned a good amount, considering that I was unfamiliar with wedding and engagement rings. I had to conduct extensive research.

This led me to uncover and revisit a lot of things I had forgotten. (If you'd like to learn more Here are the sources I used). In reality the article was supposed to be a single piece of content, but turned out to be two.

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page